The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)  maintains the electoral roll and processes enrolment forms. When your details are entered onto the roll, an acknowledgment card is mailed to you. The card is proof of your enrolment and shows your Commonwealth and Northern Territory Legislative Assembly division, council/ward.

If you do not receive an acknowledgment within 3 weeks of lodging an enrolment form, please contact the Australian Electoral Commission by calling 13 23 26.