Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Application to change registered party name
NT Electoral Commission > Media > Latest News > Posts > Application to change registered party name

 Content Editor ‭[2]‬


 Content Editor ‭[1]‬

September 28
Application to change registered party name

The Northern Territory Electoral Commission (NTEC), pursuant to section 169 of the Electoral Act, gives notice of an application to change the name of a registered political party under part 9 of the Act.

Current party name: Country Liberals (Northern Territory)

Proposed party name: Country Liberals Party of the Northern Territory.

The party is registered under the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918.

A copy of the application and the party's constitution are available for inspection.

PDF.jpgApplication to change registered party name

PDF.jpgParty constitution

An objection to the application must:

- be in writing

- state the grounds of the objection

- state the objector's name and address

- be signed by the objector

- be given to the Commission within 14 days after publication of the notice.

A copy of each objection will be given to the nominated registered officer of the party for comment before a decision is made on the application.

Iain Loganathan

Electoral Commissioner